Running for Change Holds “Month of Inspiration”

Humanities teacher Isaias Franco’s Running for Change program conducted their “30 Days of Inspiration” campaign, meant to empower Tam students, beginning after spring break and concluding with their “Night of Inspiration” banquet on May 15. According to an email sent by Franco to members of the Tam community, the month-long event was meant to inspire the entire Tam student body, as well as raise awareness of Running for Change.
“The idea…came about one afternoon during a group discussion with the Running 4 Change kids before we went on one of our daily runs,” Franco wrote in the email. “We wanted to do something big that would inspire others around us as well as raise awareness about Running 4 Change and our upcoming trip to England to run in the UK Rock & Roll Marathon.”
The month-long event included an “Inspiration Wall,” located outside of the student center during tutorial on April 22. Students were able to place post-it notes containing inspirational quotes on the wall, and all participants were entered in a raffle for a pair of San Francisco Giants tickets. “The goal of this project is to bring our students and show them that inspiration is all around them,” Franco said.
Other events included an “Inspiration Walk,” held on May 9, and the dinner and gala on the evening of May 15.
Students and teachers in the program hoped that the event would help promote their cause as well as inspire Tam students. “The goal is really to get the students that are participating more involved…[in] spreading] their mission to everyone else,” said Meredith Bransfield, a Running for Change advisor. “It’s about showing that the students care about helping, not only about themselves, but about the other students in the school.”