Board Hires New Superintendent

The Tamalpais Union High School District (TUHSD) Board of Education announced the hiring of Dr. David Yoshihara as the new TUHSD superintendent on Tuesday, June 23. Yoshihara, who has served as a superintendent, assistant superintendent and math teacher in various California school districts, most recently served as a Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) commissioner.

In an email sent by TUHSD Board President to TUHSD students and parents on June 23, Yoshihara expressed excitement at the prospect of beginning his job as superintendent. “I am excited to begin collaborating with staff on the opportunities that lie ahead, to ensure that all students have the skills needed to thrive in our fast-changing, global economy,” Yoshihara said in the email. “I look forward to meeting the students and parents and further strengthen the collective vision of the schools and community.”

In her email, McCauley wrote that the members of the board are also looking forward to welcoming Yoshihara onto the district’s staff. “I am thrilled at the opportunity to bring David onboard as our new Superintendent,” McCauley said in her email. “This is truly an exciting time for our District. We thank our community for its input into helping the Board of Trustees identify the key attributes of a superintendent candidate, and look forward to the experienced, capable leadership that David Yoshihara will provide to the Tam District.”

Yoshihara’s hiring concluded the multi-month process of selecting a new district superintendent. The process, which was conducted by the professional search firm the Cosca Group and incorporated input from district shareholders such as students, teachers and parents, commenced in the wake of the resignation of previous superintendent Laurie Kimbrel in January