Sports Recap: Week of 8/31

GIRLS VARSITY GOLF LOSES AT REDWOOD

The girls varsity golf team lost at Redwood 212-229 on August 31, bringing their overall record to 2-1 and their league record to 1-1.  In the loss, junior Courtney Chang led the Tam team with a 52, followed by senior Maddie Stoops with a 55, and junior Sabrina Haechler’s 56.

GIRLS VARSITY GOLF LOSES AT JUSTIN SIENA

The girls varsity golf team lost at Justin Siena 185-220 on September 1, bringing their overall record to 2-2 and their league record to 1-2. In the loss, senior Maddie Stoops led the Tam team with a 49, followed by junior Courtney Chang with a 53, and sophomore Natalie Gooden’s 58. “We were clearly over matched by a very talented Justin Siena team,” said coach John Haight. “Although we suffered another loss…we played extremely well on a difficult Chardonnay golf course [and this week’s matches] gave our team some valuable experience for the season ahead.”

BOYS VARSITY WATER POLO BEATS NORTHGATE

The boys varsity water polo beat Northgate 10-7 at home on September 2, for their first game of the season. Freshman Connor King scored four goals, and senior Jackson Hettler and junior Connor Norton both scored three goals. “Senior goalie Danil Cuffe was stellar in the cage,” said coach Bob Kustel.

VARSITY FOOTBALL LOSES TO BISHOP O’DOWD

The varsity football team lost to Bishop O’Dowd 54-0 on September 4 at home, bringing their overall record to 0-2. They have yet to play a league game. “[Bishop O’Dowd] clearly out worked us over the summer. They were ranked one spot ahead of us at the end of last season,” said head coach Jon Black.