The Paradox of Being a Girl at Tam
By Ana Murguia, Op/Ed editor • March 28, 2024
Tackling consumerism with Harrison Engel
By Sophia Weinberg, Editor in Chief • March 28, 2024
Teacher by 7, coach by 4
By Elisa Cobb, Features Editor • March 28, 2024
The Redwoods Seniors for Peace
By Haley Lefferts, Features Editor • March 28, 2024
Mock Trial goes to state
By Jude Paine, News Editor • March 20, 2024
EDM in the Bay
By Josh GoldmanMarch 1, 2024
The benefits of WISE
By Hillary Betz, Graphics Editor • March 1, 2024

Boys Varsity Basketball Loses to Open Season

The boys varsity basketball team faced off against NCS opponent Analy High school, losing 71-41 on November 28.

Tam started strong and competitive against the Analy Tigers from Sebastopol; down only 11-12 at the end of the first quarter. The Tigers took control in the second quarter dropping 24 points pushing them ahead of the hawks by a score of 36-20 in their favor at halftime.

While Analy’s offense cooled off a little after the half (only scoring 13 points), their defense stepped up in the third quarter, holding the Hawks to a game-low eight point quarter. However, 22 points in the fourth quarter for the Tigers extinguished any Tam momentum.

“It was a tough game,” said head coach Tim Morgan. “They had a couple really good guards, but again the inexperience. We started off well, you know, we were up two in the first quarter then they went on a little run… We hit a little adversity and we stopped competing, stopped playing a little bit.”

Analy guards Nick Fujii and Aidin Toner-Rogers combined for 46 points. Coach Morgan says they used to play in a similar fashion. “We were more of a guard-oriented team last year, and we still have good guards [this year], but now we’re trying to work things through [senior and Tam news editor and chief] James [Finn] this year so we’re adapting to that now.” Morgan said.

Finn finished the game with 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 steals. Coach Morgan referred to Finn as a “dominant presence down low” saying that he’s put in a lot of time and hard work in and now it’s paying off.

Tam played Alhambra at Tam on December 1st and won 61-49. Their record now lies at 2-4.