Girls Varsity Soccer Falls to Windsor

Getty Images/Creatas RF

Tam girls’ varsity soccer lost 3-2 to Windsor High School on Wednesday, November 22. The afternoon game was a hard fight between both teams, but with Tam missing seven starters due to a club tournament in San Diego, Windsor was able to capitalize on the lack of depth in the Hawks bench. This was the opening game and with so many girls out, it was a perfect opportunity to evaluate the young talent. “We are missing some kids and it was a good opening game to take a look at some new kids,” said coach Shane Kennedy.

The Hawks came out strong with two goals in the first half, leading Windsor 2-1 at half time. Windsor was able to dominate in the second half, shutting out Tam. Senior captains Emlen Janetos and Reilly Johnson worked hard throughout the game directing their younger teammates. Junior Lauren Ross played well at striker and was able to get a goal in for Tam. Sophomores Lauren Burger, Mari Karp, and Junior Rachel Su played clean and tough defense against the Jaguars.

The girls have a strong team this year and this opening game was a nice way to gage the team. “We need a little minor clean up here and there and we don’t give up two of those goals. It is early in the season so it is expected. We learned a lot about ourselves today and learned a lot about a lot of players. That is really the goal of the early games,” said Kennedy