Musician’s Showcase Held

Musician’s Showcase Held

From Right to Left: Seniors Alden Richardson, Harley Berman, Mike Salas, Ethan Daniel, and parent Philip Richardson covered Aces and Twos by The Devil Makes Three. Photo by Sam Toland.

Sam Toland

Tam music students played for a packed audience in Caldwell Theater on November 25. The concert, organized by music teacher Spiro Tsingaris, was open to any music students who passed the auditions for the event. “Once the students pass the audition and make it in, I know that the caliber of the performances are going to be really strong, so the night of the show, I’m not really nervous, because I know everyone’s going to do great,” Tsingaris said.

Tam musicians played many types of music, from classical to rock, pop and jazz. Freshman Eli Ferrell performed in the showcase. “What’s really cool is that the music is special, because the kids get to choose it, and they’re really passionate about it,” Ferrell said.

The Showcase, now in its eighth year, has become a tradition for the music department. “The top notch students audition for it, they take it seriously, and to make it in is a real feather in your cap,” Tsingaris said.