The Tam News

Getting to Know the Roof Over Our Heads

Getting to Know the Roof Over Our Heads

March 21, 2017

It’s August 3, 1908, and “The Shack” is opening its doors for the first time. This four-room, canvas-roofed building makes up the entirety of Tamalpais High School, a new establishment built just after the devastation of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. Four rooms, four classes, four teachers…a...