BŌLs of Life

BŌLs of Life

Summer Solomon

Tucked in the foothills of Mt. Tam in the newly restored Mill Valley Lumberyard, one can find BŌL Superfood Cafe, a bicoastal cafe consisting mostly of acai bowls and smoothies. BŌL is owned by sisters Chelsea Hutchison and Alex Tillett, who began the business in Cape Cod, Massachusetts in 2015. “We did a soft opening last week. We had morning hours and then we did full hours over the weekend. We were closed for Easter,” Hutchinson said.

Setting themselves apart from other acai joints, BŌL uses special ingredients, including Ashwagandha Root, Reishi, Cordyceps, and Chaga Mushroom Blend, as well as Psyllium Husks to fuel their customers with energy and the ingredients they need to be healthy and feeling good.“We don’t pre-blend anything. We make the base of oat milk every morning from scratch in house,” Hutchinson said. Oat milk is used so that they avoid nut milks such as almond milk, which is a preventative measure in case any customers come in with allergies.

I had the chance to sample one of the bowls. I ordered the Violet Bowl, which consists of acai, strawberry, blueberries, and peanut butter, topped with strawberries and almond butter. Although the bowl is a bit pricey at $14, the portion is quite large and the ingredients are top notch. They also have kids sizes which are smaller and are less expensive at $7. Furthermore, the consistency of the acai is outstanding and sure makes it a great after school snack or post-hike treat. The bowl options can be made into smoothies which are $9. However, the colors of the bowl are beautiful, and taste just as good as they look!

“I hope to get the word out about BŌL Superfood Cafe and provide customers with an alternative, healthy snack,” Hutchinson said. They plan to introduce new items as the business continues to grow. BŌL is open daily from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. in suite 803 at 129 Miller Avenue.

About the Writer
Summer Solomon, Reporter

Summer Solomon is a junior at Tamalpais High School and a reporter for The Tam News. When she is not in journalism, she can be seen as a member of the...