Green Glam Club

Diversity Day, set up by the Tamalpais High School’s Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA), celebrated the diverse Tam community on April 28. This article is part of several that cover the day’s events and the clubs featured there.
Green Glam Clubs self-made products from a past bake sale.
Green Glam Club’s self-made products from a past bake sale.
Mia Wong

Ran by full female leadership, sustainable, and fashionable, Tamalpais High School’s Green Glam Club presented their mission and stylish makeup on April 28 at Tam’s third annual Diversity Day. 

Diversity Day’s purpose being centered on “… [a] celebration of our diverse Tam community” according to Tam High’s PTSA Website commemorates Tam clubs and student groups. Green Glam, a club that represents support of women, preserving our planet, while feeling beautiful is a key representation of Diversity Day’s mission.

Green Glam Club is a student-run club that encourages environmentally friendly beauty products. This is the founding year of Green Glam and since they have started, they have done bake sales, hosted club meetings, and donated their profits to charity.

“Green glam advocates for sustainable makeup and women empowerment and we create our makeup and all the proceeds go to planned parenthood,” Club co-president Louise McGinness said, describing the club’s pursuits. 

The club sells blushes, lip scrubs, and other beauty products. The money that the club raises is sent straight to Planned Parenthood, a non-profit that serves to protect reproductive rights as well as access to equal healthcare. 

The club attended Diversity Day in order to raise awareness about the importance of their mission and educate others about their cause, “We want the younger generations and everyone to know what they are putting on their face and how it is not good for [them],” Co-president Mia Wong said.

The club plans to talk to elementary and middle school students about the importance of knowing what they are putting on their face, whether it be skincare or makeup, “People love to go to Sephora, especially younger girls but there are more sustainable ways to shop and feel beautiful,” Wong said.