Sports Recap: Week of 5/11

VARSITY SOFTBALL WALKS OFF AGAINST TERRA LINDA

The varsity softball team beat Terra Linda 3-2 on May 11, bringing their overall record to 12-7 and their MCAL league record to 7-6. They walked-off in extra innings, when sophomore Sophia Venables had the game-winning RBI when she was walked with the bases loaded, scoring Senior Chloe Jacobs in the bottom of the eighth inning.

Sophomore Anna Reichenbach went one for four with a run and a stolen base. Junior Elodie Townsend went two for three with an RBI and junior Jessie Scarsella went one for two with an RBI.

VARSITY BASEBALL LOSES TO DRAKE

The varsity baseball team lost to Drake 7-2 on May 12, bringing their overall record to 15-8 and their MCAL league record to 9-8. Tam played without pitcher and senior Mason Collins, due to back soreness. Freshmen Nicki Brass and Jacob Berg both hit singles in the loss.

“We’re probably looking at the 5 seed for MCAL playoffs which means we go on the road first round,” said head coach Scott Osder.

VARSITY SOFTBALL LOSES TO SAN RAFAEL

The varsity softball team lost to San Rafael 6-5 on May 12, bringing their overall record to 12-8 and their MCAL league record to 7-7.

In the loss, sophomore Anna Reichenbach stole her 22nd base and senior Hannah Saltonstall hit a double.

VARSITY BASEBALL BEATS SAN RAFAEL

The varsity baseball team beat San Rafael 8-1 on May 14. Sophomore Jack Harris got the win and Tam combined to get 12 hits. They finished the regular season 10-8 in MCAL and 16-8 overall.

VARSITY SOFTBALL LOSES TO MC

The varsity softball team lost to Marin Catholic 1-0 on May 14. They finished the regular season with a 12-10 overall record and a 7-9 in MCAL, giving them the fifth seed in the MCAL tournament.

Marin Catholic walked off against Tam in the bottom of the seventh inning due to an error. Junior Elodie Townsend singled in the top of the seventh to break up Marin Catholic’s perfect game. Junior Jessie Scarsella threw six and one third innings, allowing four hits, no walks, and striking out seven.