The Paradox of Being a Girl at Tam
By Ana Murguia, Op/Ed editor • March 28, 2024
Tackling consumerism with Harrison Engel
By Sophia Weinberg, Editor in Chief • March 28, 2024
Teacher by 7, coach by 4
By Elisa Cobb, Features Editor • March 28, 2024
The Redwoods Seniors for Peace
By Haley Lefferts, Features Editor • March 28, 2024
Mock Trial goes to state
By Jude Paine, News Editor • March 20, 2024
EDM in the Bay
By Josh GoldmanMarch 1, 2024
The benefits of WISE
By Hillary Betz, Graphics Editor • March 1, 2024

Sports Recap: Week of 10/12

GIRLS VARSITY GOLF BEATS REDWOOD

The girls varsity golf team beat Redwood 199-203 in Mill Valley on October 13, bringing their overall record to 12-3 and their MCAL record to 11-3. This gave Tam second place in MCAL, stealing the title from Redwood, with just one season game remaining. Tam was led by senior Courtney Chang’s 44, and senior Claire Rutgers’ 46. It was Rutgers’ final regular season match for Tam. “With both teams evenly matched, it [proved] to be a very close competition,” said head coach John Haight.

BOYS VARSITY WATER POLO BEATS MARIN CATHOLIC

The boys varsity water polo team beat Marin Catholic 19-8 at Tam on October 13, bringing their overall record to 15-5 and their MCAL record to 8-1.

GIRLS VARSITY GOLF FINISHES REGULAR SEASON WITH A WIN

The girls varsity golf team beat Terra Linda 197-211 at Mcinnis Park on October 15, for their final regular season game. Their season ended with a 13-3 overall record and an MCAL record of 12-3. In the win, Tam was led by senior and captain Courtney Chang’s 44, junior Sabrina Haechler’s 50, and senior and captain Maddie Stoops’ 51. It was Chang’s and Stoops’ last regular season match. “[It] was a springboard to the postseason,” said head coach John Haight.

BOYS VARSITY WATER POLO BEATS MARIN ACADEMY

The boys varsity water polo team beat Marin Academy 9-8 at Tam on October 15, bringing their overall record to 16-5 and their MCAL record to 9-1. Freshman Connor King totaled seven goals in the week, senior Jackson Hettler totaled five goals, and junior Nate Gelbach totaled four.

BOYS VARSITY FOOTBALL LOSES AT DRAKE

The boys varsity football team lost 48-7 at Drake on October 17, bringing their overall record to 2-5, and their MCAL record to 1-3. Tam gained less than 100 yards on the ground in the loss. “[It was a] tough day for the Hawks offense,” said head coach Jon Black. “We threw the ball into double coverage several times, which made receptions difficult. On defense, we gave up a lot of big plays and had trouble tackling…it was a disappointing effort against a Drake team that came out ready to play.”