Baseball Defeats Northgate in NCS Quarterfinals

The varsity baseball team defeated the Northgate Broncos 4-2 in the quarterfinals of the North Coast Section (NCS) Division Two playoffs at Northgate in Walnut Creek on Saturday, May 27. Tam, a ten seed, upset the two seed Broncos on the heels of a victory against seventh seed Maria Carrillo High School in Santa Rosa.

Junior and Tam News editor Jack Loder pitched a complete game, allowing only two runs in the full seven innings. Sophomore right fielder Andrew Frame went 4-4 from the plate with two doubles in the game, driving in two key runs in the process. “I have been struggling lately while trying to play through an injury and to be able to contribute in our biggest win of the year was amazing,” Frame said.

The team has come together after suffering a defeat in the first round of the MCAL playoffs to San Marin, leading to this impressive NCS run. “After our team lost in the first round of the MCAL playoffs it felt like everything was over, but our seniors brought us back up after that game and reminded us how hard we all worked in the offseason for NCS,” he said. “[They reminded us] that we must stick together if we want to succeed.” Frame attributes this success to a newfound sense of comradery and urgency. “Now we play every game with the motivation to give…  [the seniors] the NCS banner they’ve dreamed of since freshman year.”

The Hawks will face number three ranked Arroyo High School in San Lorenzo in the NCS Division Two Semifinals on Tuesday May, 30.