Arman Noorani Receives Student Support Through Social Media Platforms

In the past two weeks since the December 4 publication of “Life According to Arman: Living With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy” in The Tam News, Arman Noorani’s Facebook page—“Arman’s Bucket List”—and YouTube channel—‘armann539,’—have received increased support.

According to Facebook analytics, his page received 200 new “likes” between December 4 and December 12, bringing the page’s total to 382 “likes.” During the same time period, the number of subscribers to his YouTube channel rose from 103 subscribers to 198. Noorani hopes to gain at least 1,000 subscribers in order to start a partnership with YouTube, allowing him to receive money from the site. He plans to donate any money he receives to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

On December 10, these social media platforms served a new purpose by providing a place for Tam students to send Arman “get well” messages after he was hospitalized with a broken femur. According to a YouTube video Noorani posted that day from his hospital bed, he broke his femur after falling in his kitchen. Because of his condition, doctors decided not to operate, electing to cast his right leg. He will be in the cast for two weeks, after which he will wear a knee brace for six weeks.

Though he is in a lot of pain, he is thankful for the Tam community’s support.

“I am so grateful that the students at Tam took me under their hawk wings after the article came out,” Noorani said. “My channel has grown some and I can’t put into words how delighted I am.”

To “like” his Facebook page, visit: https://www.facebook.com/ArmansBucketList/

To subscribe to his YouTube channel, visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/armann539