BRIEFLY: Blanket Bash

BUNDLE UP: Sophomore Starr Ingram was one of many gathered in Ruby Scott Gym to craft no-sew blankets for Project Night Night. Photo by Emma Boczek
BUNDLE UP:  Sophomore Starr Ingram was one of many gathered in Ruby Scott Gym to craft no-sew blankets for Project Night Night.          Photo by Emma Boczek
BUNDLE UP: Sophomore Starr Ingram was one of many gathered in Ruby Scott Gym to craft no-sew blankets for Project Night Night.
Photo by Emma Boczek

The annual Blanket Bash was held during lunch and tutorial in Ruby Scott Gym on February 15. Students who participated made “no-sew” fleece blankets that were donated to Project Night Night, a charity which will give the blankets to homeless children in San Francisco.

“We have enough fabric to make 50 blankets,” said senior Elizabeth Milosky, who is part of the Leadership Outreach committee that created the event. “I think this is a good turnout. I’m confident that all the blankets will get made.”

Senior Chris Byrne has attended the Blanket Bash for all of the three years it has been held. “It gives [students] a perspective on how lucky we are, and there are people out there who need our help,” he said.

“You don’t need to be skilled at this, there’s easy instructions,” Milosky said. “It’s fun, relaxing, and really anybody can do it.” She later confirmed that all 50 blankets were completed for Project Night Night during the course of the event.