New Girls’ Swimming Coach

Brittney Boyd has been coaching the girls’ swim team since the beginning of February and has joined Ken Weber, the boys’ swim team coach, as the new official swim co-coach. “She organizes a bunch of team building stuff… She’s going to push us, and it’s really great,” said sophomore Grace Hanson, a swimmer on Boyd’s team.

Boyd, the new girls’ swimming coach, directs her team at the Tam pool.

“I am so happy I got position to coach the women’s swim team for Tam the girls are amazing and very polite,” Boyd said. “The girls have so much potential and I hope I can help them find that and continue to better themselves everyday. I truly couldn’t ask for a better group of girls and am excited for the remainder of the season and seasons to come.”

Boyd attended high school in Half Moon Bay and went on to attend Santa Rosa Junior College, swimming there and winning a State Championship title in 2008, along with the award for Most Valuable Swimmer. Boyd eventually transferred to San Jose State University and swam for their Division I swim and dive team; she still holds two top ten records in the school’s history. Alongside coaching at Tam, Boyd has been an assistant coach at the Strawberry Seals swim team since last year. In the past she has coached lessons at The Bay Club and for Special Olympics in the Bay Area. When she heard about a possible position as a girl’s swimming coach at Tam, Boyd went for it because she “decided that it was a great opportunity to get more involved in the community and to extend her coaching knowledge.”