Tam High Mountain Bike Team Wins NorCal D1 at Petaluma

The Tam High mountain bike team came in first place out of NorCal Division one teams in their fourth race of the year on April 23. The race was the nearest to Tam, in Petaluma, and many team podiums (top five wins) contributed to the win.

Nine total riders came in the top five for Tam, spread out through all five of the race categories Tam entered. Sophomore Julian Lepelch won the JV category race, and sophomore Liam Howard was able to reach the podium as well with a fourth place finish in the same category. In the varsity race, senior Clayton Puckett and the only varsity rider for the day, reached the podium in fourth place after a fall and making up four places. The combined efforts of Puckett, Howard, and Lepelch earned Tam alone 1,599 points towards their victory.

In the sophomore boys category, three Tam riders shared the podium, with sophomores Pearson Ames in second, Hobey Pollack in third, and Zach Baum in fourth.

Tam’s fastest freshman boy, Kaveh Pourmehr came in third in his freshman category and freshman girls Clodagh Mellet and Kelsey Van Allen would share the podium, with Mellet in second and Kelsey in third.

As the best performance by Tam so far in the season, Tam scored 4,022 points in the win, putting them in the lead spot above Drake, in second place, and Woodcreek, in third place.

Tam looks forward to their next race, the NorCal Championships at Laguna Seca in Monterey. This will take place on May 8.